1. S.S. Prakash, “Cavitation of Tumoral Basement Membrane as Onset of Cancer Invasion and Metastasis: Physics of Oncogenic Homeorhesis via Nonlinear Mechano-metabolomics,” Convergent Science Physical Oncology, 2 (2016) 015001, http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/2057-1739/2/1/015001.
2. S.S. Prakash, L.F. Francis and L.E. Scriven, “Microstructure Evolution in Dry-Wet Cast Polysulfone Membranes by Cryo-SEM: A Hypothesis on Macrovoid Formation”, J. Membrane Science, 313:1-2, (2008), 135-157. Errata: 320:1-2, (2008), 557; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2008.01.006. Unpublished erratum.
3. S.S. Prakash, “Network Instability that Causes Macrovoids in Phase Inversion Membranes: Cryo-SEM Evidence and Theoretical Development,” Abstracts of Papers, 234th ACS National Meeting Boston, MA, US, and PMSE Preprints, 97, (2007), 142. pdf
4. S.S. Prakash, L.F. Francis and L.E. Scriven, “Microstructure Evolution in Dry Cast Cellulose Acetate Membranes by Cryo-SEM”, J. Membrane Science, 283: 1-2, (2006), 328-338. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2006.07.001.
5. S.S. Prakash, L.F. Francis, and L.E. Scriven, "Time-sectioning Cryo-SEM Evidence of the Mechanism of Macrovoid Formation in Phase Inversion Membranes," Proceedings of the 14th Annual Meeting of the North American Membrane Society, Jackson Hole, WY, 17-21 May 2003. pdf
6. S.S. Prakash, “The Origins of Microstructure in Phase Inversion Coatings or Membranes: Snapshots of the Transient from Time-Sectioning Cryo-SEM”, Doctoral Thesis, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2001. Links to Abstract, Thesis.
7. C.J. Brinker and S.S. Prakash, “Ambient Pressure Process for Preparing Aerogel Thin Films / Reliquified Sols Useful in Preparing Aerogel Thin Films”, US Patent SN 5,948,482, (1999).
8. R.A. Cairncross, P.R. Schunk, K.S. Chen, J. Samuel, S.S. Prakash, A.J Hurd and C.J. Brinker, "Pore Evolution and Solvent Transport During Drying of Gelled Sol-to-Gel Coatings: Predicting Springback", Drying Technology, Vol. 15 (6-8), (1997), 1815-1825. WoS citations: 8.
9. R.A. Cairncross, P.R. Schunk, K.S. Chen, J. Samuel, S. Prakash, C.J. Brinker, and A.J. Hurd, "Recent advances in theoretical modeling of deposition, drying, and shrinkage in sol-gel coating processes", Ceramic Society Proceedings (?).
10. R.A. Cairncross, P.R. Schunk, K.S. Chen, J. Samuel, S. Prakash, C.J. Brinker, and A.J. Hurd, "Pore Evolution and Solvent Transport During Drying of Gelled Sol-to-Gel Coatings", Proceedings of the Society for Imaging Science and Technology (1996), 569-573.
11. R.A. Cairncross, P.R. Schunk, K.S. Chen, J. Samuel, S. Prakash, C.J. Brinker and A.J. Hurd,, "Pore Evolution and Solvent Transport During Drying of Gelled Sol-to-Gel Coatings: Predicting Springback", Drying `96, edited by C. Struimillo and Z. Pakowski, (1996), 1295-1302.
10. R.A. Cairncross, P.R. Schunk, K.S. Chen, J. Samuel, S. Prakash, C.J. Brinker, and A.J. Hurd, "Drying in Deformable Partially Saturated Porous Media: Sol-Gel Coatings", Sandia Report SAND96-2149 (1996).
12. S.S. Prakash, C.J. Brinker, A.J. Hurd, and S.M. Rao, "Silica Aerogel Films at Ambient Pressure via Surface Derivatization and Reversible Drying Shrinkage", Nature, 374, (1995), 439-443. Erratum: 375, (1995), 431. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/374439a0. WoS citations: 210; 10. pdf
13. S.S. Prakash, C. J. Brinker, and A. J. Hurd, "Ambient Pressure Silica Aerogel Films", J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 190, (1995), 264-275. WoS citations: 102 pdf
14. S.S. Prakash, C.J. Brinker, A.J. Hurd, and S.M. Rao, "Ambient Pressure Silica Aerogel Films" in Advances in Porous Materials, eds. S. Komarneni, D.M. Smith, J. S. Beck, Vol. 368, MRS Symp. Series, Pittsburgh, PA, (1995), 205-210. WoS citations: 6.
15. N. K. Raman, C. J. Brinker, L. Delattre, and S. Prakash, "Sol-Gel Strategies for Amorphous Inorganic Membranes exhibiting Molecular Sieving Characteristics" in the Proceedings of ICIM3, ed.,Y. H. Ma, (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA, (1995), 63-72.
16. C. J. Brinker, N. K. Raman, R. Sehgal, S.S. Prakash, and L. Delattre, "Sol-Gel Strategies for Controlled Porosity Materials: Thin Film and Bulk" in Synthesis and Properties of Advanced Catalytic Materials, eds. E. Iglesia, P. Lednor, D. Nagaki, and L. Thompson, Vol. 371, MRS. Symp. Series, Pittsburgh, PA, (1995), 329-343. WoS citations: 3.
17. S.S. Prakash, “Sol-Gel Coatings: Novel Experimentation, Concepts and Materials”, Masters’ Thesis, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 1995.
Published nearly 40 technical reports (journal-quality) at Pall. These reports are grouped into the following seven titles.
1. S.S. Prakash, “State-of-the-art theoretical model to determine process paths in a multicomponent polymer solution coating undergoing vapor-induced phase separation into separation membranes”, (2008).
2. S.S. Prakash, T.M. Sorensen, M.F. Hurwitz, “Depth filtration model for fibrous media filters, based on Stokesian dynamics of particles flowing through array of solids”, (2007).
3. S.S. Prakash, “Nonlinear regression curve-fit of filtration (clean and fouled flow) data”, (2006).
4. S.S. Prakash, F. Onorato, “Preparation of thin film composite tubular membrane (polymer and ceramic multilayers) for high temperature separation of syngas”, (2004).
5. S.S. Prakash, C. Manessis, “Preparation of anisotropic, polymeric membrane from thermal-wet phase inversion and slot coating process for nanoscale separation of virus particles from IgG proteins”, (2003).
6. S.S. Prakash, C. Manessis, R.F. Salinaro, “Preparation of selective, high-flow, robust membrane from thermal-wet casting of critical semi-crystalline polymer for water applications: bicontinuous microstructures”, (2002).
7. S.S. Prakash, A. Jupio, “Upgrading fundamentals of membrane formation for Pall filters”, (2001).